Thursday, April 27, 2006

Of Python, Leftrunner, and Nintendo: A Teaser

I should mention - I'm taking a Game Programming class. It's put both of my main projects on temporary standby, as I have to make a new game for the class. In Python, which I have never worked with before.

BEGIN PROGRAMMING GEEK MODE
Python is kind of strange, by which I mean not like C++ at all. The lack of typed variables took some getting used to, particularly with regards to instantiating things. It took me a damn long time to do something as simple as creating a large, empty array. The syntax is fine, although I don't much care for the enforced whitespace.
Really, I think my biggest problem with Python is that I'm trying to make it be C++. My code looks like C code, only with different punctuation and more convoluted. Maybe someday I'll have some shining revelation and Python will suddenly all make sense, and I'll be pouring out code that my current, lesser self would only be able to squint at in confusion... but I don't think that's very likely. Realistically, I'll probably get through the class, then forget about Python for a long time, giving it another try in the distant future.
END PROGRAMMING GEEK MODE

The game I'm making for this class is sort of a Tetrisy kind of thing, which is hard to explain in text. So, you don't get to know much about it until I feel like releasing an Alpha of it. For the title, I'm tilting back and forth between Dharma and Zii.

On another front, I've been throwing ideas around fast and furiously on another website regarding a game I might be working on with someone else. The working title of the project is Leftrunner. The idea revolves around a character who is constantly, automatically running to the left, fighting enemies and building speed. Combat would be largely focused on knocking enemies down and trampling them. There's really alot more to the concept, but I'm not going to go into further detail about it until 1) I can devote an entire entry to it, and 2) I know for sure that it's actually going to get started. Stay tuned!

On a last note, Nintendo recently revealed the final name for their next console: The Wii. It's weird, it makes you feel like kind of an idiot when you say it, it's kind of unclear how it's pronounced. Nevertheless, it's been steadily growing on me since I heard it. I support it for three main reasons: It's easy to remember, it opens up the floodgates for a thousand horrible puns, and it made the rest of the internet furious. I am wholeheartedly in favor of anything that causes mass, harmless, digital mayhem.

I have a midterm tomorrow. So, I now bid you all adieu.

7 comments:

Miss Elizabeth said...

Really, though, it DOES make you feel like kind of an idiot to say it.

Alan Gordon said...

I dunno, I think it would be pretty fun to jauntily stride into your local game store, put an elbow on the counter nonchalantly, and say "I would like to preorder my Wii."

Miss Elizabeth said...

"I'm interested in the purchase of Wii."

"I'm here to pick up my Wii."

"Have you played with the Wii yet?"

Yeah, I see your point.

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa page and other update like as Beratnya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa, Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa di perpanjang and Jangan Berhenti Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. Thank you So much.

Oes Tsetnoc | Lanjutkan Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

pitt brid said...

Ralph Lauren (Ralph Lauren) Brand Identity:

1. Polo logo: This is Lauren (Ralph Lauren) the most famous symbol, selected from the Ralph Lauren Polo brand aristocratic LOGO, you can associate the origins of clothing he designed.

2.POLO shirt: by Lauren (Ralph Lauren) created by polo shirts, long and short in front of Yibai is playing polo for the charge when the forward movement and design.

3. Cotton long-sleeved shirt: This is almost polo ralph lauren Safe for men and women of classic style to go with a formal suit, narrow skirt, very American style.

4. American flag logo: cowboy wear the best expression of American spirit, so polo ralph lauren outlet online to represent the United States flag.

◆ POLO (Ralph Lauren) Outlet Website:
http://www.ralphlaurenonsale.com/

gaohui said...

The holidays are a time ed hardy of getting together with friends ed hardy shoes and family, attending elaborate ed hardy clothing parties, and other exciting events ed hardy clothes that involves dressing up in stunning ed hardy store wardrobes. If you ed hardy Bikini are pregnant during ed hardy swimsuits the holidays, it does not ed hardy Caps mean that you are unable buy ed hardy to look fabulous and ed hardy swimwear stylish. Now, an expectant ed hardy sale mother has many styles of chic ed hardy glasses maternity clothing that allows cheap ed hardy her to show off her baby bump Christian audigier while looking spectacular.

sad said...

I have spent most of my life in Kenya,tory burch East Africa I was intrigued to hear MBT shoes,tory burch shoes otherwise known as Masai Barefoot Technology.MBT shoes are most definitely not a fashion statement and can look a bit odd. tory burch outlet Invented in 1997 by Swiss Engineer Karl Mueller, Mbt's are seen as a highly performing aid to fitness. cheap tory burch MBT's are designed to be breathable, flexible and comfortable. tory burch boots The MBT shoes uniquely mbt designed sole, very similar to the 'tyre shoes' often worn by East African Tribal people, are said to mimic walking around barefoot in the sand.tory burch flip flops MBT shoes are slightly weighted and distribute weight evenly across the entire foot and as your body reacts to the weight and instability of the mbt shoe's sole design, muscles,tory burch handbag often those neglected, are made to work to correct this instability.tory burch handbags outlet Could there then be a better way to tone up when the only fitness aid you need is a pair of MBT shoes? tory burch heels MBT shoes can have a beneficial effect on the entire body and MBT shoes are said to enhance both training and massage effects on the body.tory burch flats Here are a few reasons why: All you need to do is start walking. Walking is probably one of the , most popular, tory burch flats cheap simplest, cheapest and enjoyable recreational activities one can find. Walking alone improves circulation, boosts your immunity, strengthens the performance of the lungs and heart, betters your mood, improves muscle tone and gets you out of the house.tory burch wallet Add a pair of Mbt shoes to the equation and many of the benefits are magnified and mbt schuhe muscles, not often used, start to be trained.